Sunday 18 October 2015

A week in preview

Sophie's choice 

So it's getting to the period of time when the big gaming season starts and this week is home to one of the biggest annual game launches - Assassins Creed Syndicate. Another year means another tedious jog through a bug ridden cess pool of historic importance, this time being the long berated Victorian London setting that people were clambering for oh....about 5 years now. Perhaps I'm wrong though, there's a chance that Ubisoft learnt from the abysmal mess of AC: Unity last year. Let's not forget the unforgivable bugs and stability along with the cringeworthy plot and repetitious missions - of which it feels like we've been playing the same ones since AC 2. Initial impressions of Syndicate haven't been comforting but I'll be sure to give my thoughts when I pick it on its release this coming Friday - October 27.


We also have this Tuesday (October 20) two competing finales of episodic series' Life is Strange and Tales From The Borderlands. Life Is Strange has so far been beautiful, dark, reflecting and genuinely moving. Don'tNod have excelled themselves coming from the rather mediocre Remember Me(?. No not really) I've no doubt after the exceptional forth episode the finale will be nothing less than utterly unforgettable. Strike me down some way from above (Preferably killing off everyone else too) but I think Tales From The Borderlands is Telltales best series, better than Game Of Thrones (by miles) better than the new Minecraft series so far, better than TWAU and that's right even better than the first season of The Walking Dead (forget season two ever happened). It has equal parts heart and laugh out loud humour and brilliant writing and pacing and those openings are to die for, so yes I have two things to look forward too on Tuesday. What will I be playing first - no question, Life Is Strange, so far it's my favourite game of this year and I won't wait an extra minute than I have to in order to see how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment